5/6 graders, get ready for a sideline season of spirit, teamwork and fun! Check back often for updates on practices, games, events, videos and more!
Registered for Tumbling with Empower on Mondays Nights?
Please consider chaperoning.
The game schedule will be posted here with locations and times. The schedules come out every Sunday night if there is a change, so check this often. Please keep Saturdays slotted for games.
Sign up for last minute notifications using REMIND. You must download the app to participate. This is essential if you want to get weather cancellations, or location changes.
Cheerleaders need to be at the game for warm up half hour before the game.
Please see Sign Up Genius for information
Chaperone is required to be present please see the sign up genius.
Starting August 27, every Tuesday and Thursday
Note there is NO practice on Thursday, August 29 due to a Varsity game
Chaperones and cheerleaders walk from the NT 5/6 building after school to the HS. Rain or shine.
FHN HS Commons
4:00pm – 5:30 pm practice
Chaperone is required to be present at 3:45pm-5:30pm, please see the sign up genius.
Student Recognition Night
Friday, October 11
Husky Fest 5:00pm -7pm
- Mats are rolled out, coaches help coordinate tumbling, show and go’s for demonstration, weather permitting
- All cheerleaders line up by the High School Band door, usually around 6:10pm
- Girls will tunnel the team onto the field with poms and coaches
- No bags or water bottles are carried onto the track/team parents will carry water bottles
- At 5 min left of 1st quarter Husky Pack are escorted off the track
- Pack are signed out INSIDE the track fence at half time
- Husky Pack cheer first quarter of game with Varsity Cheerleaders
Robinettes Cheer Field Trip
Tuesday, October 22, 4-5:30pm
Husky Pack Banquet
Thursday, October 24 NHMS Cafeteria and time TBD
- 5/6 graders are honored
- 6th graders are encouraged to participate in Competitive season
- Fruit and dessert table, awards and certificates
- Uniform turn in
Roller Skating Party!!
Tuesday, October 29, 6-8pm
Kentwood Fun Spot is closing its doors just for Northern Cheerleaders grades 3-12. $6 skate rental, additional $4 for inline skate rental. Concessions will be open. Come for a night of fun!
Tumbling with EMPOWER
Husky Pack and Husky Elite have the opportunity to learn tumbling from our Varsity tumbling partner – EMPOWER! Mondays at 5:00 -6:45 pm at the FHN HS Commons. Required mat roll-out and warm up is from 5:00-5:30pm. Starts Monday, August 26. No refunds on registration fees.
- Brianna Caudill Kristin Caudill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alondra Cira Hilda Cira email@example.com
- Amina Clay Robin Clay firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charlotte Dykstra Carrie Dykstra email@example.com
- Adelaide Erway Mandy Erway firstname.lastname@example.org
- McKinzie Flees Stacey Flees email@example.com
- Kailee Flemings Ashley Flemings firstname.lastname@example.org
- Madison LaGrone Shantel Johnson email@example.com
- Payton Johnson Slate Johnson Slatej76@gmail.com
- Olivia Thomas Louise Madison Louisecmadison@sbcglobal.net
- Addison Prevette Bonnie Prevette firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tessa Reed Pagiel Reed email@example.com
- Lilly Stevenson Lisa Renucci firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lily Williams Ravell Williams email@example.com
- Greta Alexander Mindy Alexander firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finnlie Anderson Jeremy Anderson email@example.com
- Jade Annen Larissa Koslek firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josie Breukink Amy Breukink email@example.com
- Isabella Bruno Beth Bruno firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josie Costello Nicki Costello email@example.com
- Maggie DeHaan Laura DeHaan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kaili Foy Alizabeth Foy Katherine Foy email@example.com
- Sydney Horlings Carrie Horlings firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alba Hoxha Valdete Hoxha email@example.com
- Paris Libbette Vanessa Sanders firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoe Littler Susan Littler email@example.com
- Ella Malone Christy Malone firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren McIntyre Mandy McIntyre email@example.com
- Lainee McKay Liz McKay firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amelia Miller Cheryl Miller email@example.com
- Camryn Mittner Rebekah Mittner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lena Reineking Ingrid Reineking email@example.com
- Sophia VandenBerg Jen VandenBerg firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reia Wiseman Michelle Wiseman email@example.com
- Ayva Remien Debbie Remien firstname.lastname@example.org
Uniforms will be distributed after Kick-off Sunday, August 11. Notify your Team Parent if you need a different size uniform and bring that uniform piece with you for exchange on the first day of practice August 13.
Fees include: shell, skirt, poms, bow, spirit shirt, sideline bag and jacket. The bow, poms and spirit shirt are yours to keep at season end. The shell, skirt, jacket and bag are due back at seasons end at the banquet in clean condition and any missing, dirty or damaged uniforms will be fined.
To complete the look: black lollies, black high neck, long sleeved body suit, white no show socks, white cheer shoes and black yoga pants need to be purchased by the first practice. This is important due to the timing our our photos, and you must practice in cheer shoes.
Local store: Kicks Dance & Activewear 2905 Breton Rd SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512 (616) 776-5966
Wearing the uniform to school and games
We highly encourage Husky Elite to wear their jacket whenever they are out and about. At school, at the mall or to the movies. Just remember that you represent the Jr. Huskies Cheerleading program when wearing the jacket and do us proud! Please take care of the jacket as it will serve another the next year. If the jacket is returned damaged or stained at seasons end a fee will be charged $80.00.
On Fridays please wear your entire uniform to school unless told by your coach. Then the spirit wear shirt is preferred that day due to the weather. Please do NOT wear the uniform to school or out at events unless otherwise indicated by the coaches. This saves wear and keeps them cleaner. The entire uniform must be worn to games — bodysuit included. This is Jr. Huskies Cheerleading policy. The expectation is that the cheerleader is dressed and ready in the required uniform before each game. If the weather will be too warm to wear the bodysuit, your coach or an email to the parents will go out and inform them to wear the spirit shirt with skirt is to be worn instead.
During practices and games hair must be in one ponytail with one bow provided. This is for safety when stunting. No jewelry, earrings, necklaces or rings, no make up, no nail polish, and keeping nails short also aids in the safety of stunting. Any polish or jewelry will need to be removed before cheering or the athlete does not participate.
Want to show your Jr. Huskies Cheerleading pride or maybe your fan base needs to shout a bit louder?
Check out the Jr. Huskies Shop. All purchases will be delivered before season starts and to one location for easy pickup and savings on shipping. Store closes on May 30.
In order to participate in fall sideline all forms must be completed and turned in on August 11th. Please complete and turn these forms into your Team Parent.
Team and individual photos will be taken on Wednesday, August 21 by Jim Hill Photography at 10am at practice. Download, fill out the form and bring it with your money to picture day. All forms go to Jim Hill before your photo is taken.
Practice makes perfect!
This summer use the videos posted here to practice with, download the chant list and review the tumbling progression sheet. Welcome to the Husky Pack!