We Need You!
New this year are Parent Team Coaches!
We need 4 parents—one per grade 3, 4, 5 and 6 to act as head coach!
These 4 amazing parents will be trained by our Program Director, given weekly practice plans, full support from the Board of Directors, and our student Varsity Coaches will be there to teach the practice plans and work with our youth. No prior cheer experience is necessary.
Benefits for Parents and Athletes
- no chaperone schedule needed
- prompt start and end times for practices
- organized pick ups
- one consistent line of communication
- organization and support to make this an exemplary program a positive experience
- provide a safe, enjoyable, and rewarding atmosphere
- FHN community involvement
Requirements of Head Coaches
- application form filled out
- background check fulfilled/Board review
- training by FHN Jr. Huskies Cheerleading Program Director, Jenna Brown
- attend season Board meeting of Directors
- attend kick-off August 17, at 6:30pm
- attend all practices and games
- sideline fee is waived $130
- spirit shirt/coach shirt
Meet Elite Head Coach Gabby Saum
FHN Jr. Huskies Cheerleading is excited to announce our new 7/8 grade Elite Head Coach Gabby Saum! Gabby will be coaching both fall sideline and competitive season for the HUSKIES! The Varsity student coaches will be assisting Coach Gabby during sideline.
“I began my cheer journey 13 years ago through the Falcon Rocket Cheer program and began competing in middle school. I cheered Varsity at East Kentwood High School for 4 years, winning multiple conference, district & regional titles, and competing at State 3 of those years. My senior year I was awarded First Team All-State as well as First Team All-Conference, District, and Region. I continued my education and cheer career at Alma College where we achieved 2 NCA National Championships, an NCA runner-up place, 3 Division II STUNT National runner-ups, and was personally awarded 2 First Team STUNT All-American statuses.
I recently graduated with my Bachelors of Science in Nursing and am looking forward to all of the new experiences that will come along with that. I’m so passionate about cheerleading and am eager to continue my role in the sport from a different view.”