Competition Season 2021-2022
Register for TEAM 3
Register for FHN Husky Elite Team 3!
Competitive season is open to 6th, 7th, and 8th graders within the Forest Hills Northern community.
Select the Competitive Cheerleading tab to see videos of past teams in action as well as a brief explanation of the sport.
- Practices are 5:00 – 7:00pm at the FHN HS Commons. There is no early entry to the HS than 4:45pm.
- Fee: $250
- Athletes should be 15 mins early to all practices! Practice days vary please check out the schedule.
- Choreography day is the first Saturday (11/20) of our first practice week. This is a Northern tradition.
- Thanksgiving week is off
- Christmas break is 12/20 to 1/02, there are no practices or comps
- Uniform needs are similar to sideline and will be communicated through the Team App.
- 5 competitions and 1 showcase scheduled. We are still looking for one more comp to around out the season.
- One added cost to keep in mind is the end of season Banquet. This is not completely planned yet nor is included in this cost.
Find the perfect mix between balance and power, explosiveness and control. Learn body positioning, improve eye-body-coordination and start really feeling the difference when you apply the corrections your coaches give you. Understand exactly how your body moves, which muscle you need to activate to achieve a movement and how to focus on your whole body all at once. The same coordination and spatial awareness is crucial in stunting as well. Tumbling is fitness and mental training.
Join Coach Dom from Empower and find new skills while perfecting those you have.
Time: 4:00-6:00 pm
Dates: Wednesdays | 7 sessions
Location: FHN High School Commons
Annual Due: $25 (if you participated and paid during 2021 the fee is waived) make checks out to EMPOWER for annual due or cash in an envelope and bring it to first session.
"PRACTICE like you've never won.
PERFORM like you've never lost."
If it’s in your heart, it shows in your spirit.
Connect with Us
Virtual connections from our program may greatly serve to reassure student-athletes as well as to encourage them to support one another. We have posted our chant videos on our website to encourage your athlete to connect, practice and to keep each other motivated. It provides student-athletes with the reminder that parents, coaches and other trusted adults wish to support them.
FHN Jr. Huskies Cheerleading
Know your football
As a cheerleader, it’s important to learn football terms, apply them to the game, and know when to cue specific sideline cheers.
We know it can be overwhelming at first. But don’t worry! We’re here to give you a quick run-down of the basics you need to know.
As you cheer during the game, make sure you’re paying attention to what is happening on the field. There are offense and defense cheers and you want to make sure you’re doing them at the correct time.
While you should be paying attention to the game, you’ll also want to be facing the fans and work on getting them involved in your cheers.